USB drive is the most portable medium for storing or carry more data. Nowadays there are USB devices in so much storage, in which you can store a lot of data. This is also comparable to its surface hard disk. With such a small stick your mosses are completed.
After all technological plus points, there is a problem with USB drives. Many times it happens that the USB drive is unable to fromat on a Windows computer. Since it is an electronic device, it may be that the device has been corrupted or there is some flaw in it. If you have any such problem, then there are some ways to diagnose it.
How to Format Damaged or Corrupted Pendrive
The first method:
Scan the drive for Errors: The built-in feature of Windows checks for any drive with error. This attempts to fix other errors by finding other errors with bad sectors of this feature disk.
- Open My Computer on your PC
- Right-click on the USB drive and select Properties option
- From the top of the Properties page, click the Tools tab.
- Click on the option of check now
- After this, select the option ‘Automatically fix file system errors’ and ‘Scan for an attempt for bad sectors’
- To start the process, click on the Start button
- Wait for the process to finish
- After the process is over, try to format your device
If your pendrive does not formats with this way then see the second way to format it.
Second way: With the help of Comand Prompt: If the first method does not work for you, then command prompt can be used to format the drive.
How to Format Corrupted Pendrive by Command Prompt
- Connect the pen drive to the computer and note that remove all the USB drives connected to the computer at that time.
- Open the Start menu and type CMD
- Right click on it and run it with administrative rights
- After that type ‘diskpart’ and press enter
- After that, the list of all the devices connected to the computer will come. Note the number of your USB drive.
- Now type ‘select disk (number)’ and press enter
- After this, type ‘Clean’ and press enter.
- After cleaning type ‘create partition primaty’ and press enter.
- Now type ‘format fs=fat32 quick’ and press enter.
- Now type ‘active’ and press enter.
- After that type ‘assign’ and press enter.
- Now type ‘exit’ and press enter.
With the help of this way your pendrive will be fromated.