Samsung has announced its Exynos 980 SoC with an integrated 5G modem. It is the company’s first chipset with a built-in 5G modem. This chipset works on 8nm FinFET process technology. Also, it is the world’s first chipset with ARM Cortex-A77 cores and brings many more latest features. Here we are to tell you about the top features of Exynos 980 chipset. In the future, many smartphones will come with this chipset. In the future, if you buy any 5G smartphone then you need to know about this chipset. Let’s tell you about Exynos 980 in depth.
Samsung Exynos 980 Top Features –
- The Exynos 980 chipset brings an octa-core CPU with 2 Cortex-A77 cores clocked at 2.2GHz for optimal performance and 6 Cortex-A55 cores running at 1.8GHz optimized for efficiency.
- The Exynos 980 chipset is built using the 8NM LPP FinFET process technology.
- For graphical tasks, the Exynos 980 features ARM Mali-G76 MP5GPU.
- To handle all the AI-related tasks, the Exynos 980 got an Integrated NPU which is 2.7x faster than its predecessor.
- The Exynos 980 chipset has support for UFS 2.1 & eMMC 5.1 based storage and LPDDR4X RAM.
- In the case of the rear camera, the Exynos 980 has support for 108MP single rear camera and 20MP + 20MP dual rear camera. On the front panel of the phone, it can handle 22MP single and up to 16MP + 16MP dual front camera.
- The Exynos 980 chipset has support for WQHD+ (3360×1440) displays.
- The special feature of the Exynos 980 is its built-in 5G modem using that it can capture up to 2.55Gbps downloading speed and 1.28Gbps uploading speed. In the 4G network, it can provide up to 1Gbps downloading speed using LTE Cat.16 and uploading speed up to 200Mbps using LTE Cat.18.
This chipset will available commercially by the end of this year. From next year we could see Samsung smartphones with a 108MP camera and 5G technology.
Read also :-